Subtitle

A journey in weight loss, low carb goodness, musical mayhem, and geek soul-searching.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Low Carb - Sugar Free Cream Cheese Cookies

Sound strange?  Maybe... but I tell you what.  I made these a couple weeks ago and they are AMAZING! I thank Leigh Ann for telling me about this recipe and thank Sherry Symmonds (http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/sherry-symmonds/cream-cheese-cake-mix-cookies/quick-easy-cookies-for-kids) for posting the recipe.

Here's what I did -

1 box Sugar Free cake mix (so far I've only seen a vanilla and a chocolate in the store)
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1/2 stick of butter
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
Any low-carb add-ins (I used walnuts for mine)

1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2 Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended (I used a mixer for this part only).
3 Stir in cake mix a little at a time until it's all blended and then add any low carb add-ins you'd like
4 Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are brown.
 
Here's the result -
 

It makes about 4 dozen.... I figured it's about 2-3 carbs per cookie.


God bless...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment