Subtitle

A journey in weight loss, low carb goodness, musical mayhem, and geek soul-searching.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Low Carb Pumpkin Smoothie

Told you I love pumpkin... wait til I get my pumpkin cheesecake recipe up.... lol

This has now become my breakfast of choice.  I had been eating an Atkins bar and pack of the South Beach nut mix, but this is lower in carbs and fills me up just as much.

Here's what you need -

1/4 cup canned Pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling.... )
1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (I use this instead of heavy cream because this is 0 carbs)
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup Ice
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Mix (the brand I use is only 2 carbs per scoop)



Put all ingredients in the blender and mix.  This is very delicious and only about 4 carbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment